Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Color Wheel

I decided to participate in Freckled Nest's little story project, sounded like a lot of fun.  This week the topic is color and I am excited to share my four stories involving color and myself.  Ok, here goes....

ONE:   As long as I can remember I have been obsessed with coloring within the lines in my coloring books.  as  a youngster I coloring was my favorite past time.  I remember having tons of coloring books and I would meticulously go through each one coloring each page as perfectly as possible.  I always colored with in the lines.  My brother had an annoying tendency to come in either before or after me and color all over the pages, which did not make me happy.  I have since gotten over my love of coloring in the lines but it is funny to think about.

TWO:  I wore a lot of black growing up and once I hit college I started making myself wear other colors.  I experimented and learned what colors work good for me and am happy to say that I have been successful in my pursuits of color.

THREE:  My favorite color has changed several times in my life, when I was 2-8 I loved purple, then I went to blue and then I switched to orange.  Orange is still on top and I don't see that changing any time soon but you never know!

FOUR:  When I started decorating my house I decided on neutral furniture and basics and have been adding pops of color everywhere.  Pillows, paintings, accessories, you name it, it is colorful.  I made that decision based on my innate desire to constantly change my surrounds, aka, re-design my house.  That way when I see something new and just have to have it, I can change the little things and keep those big expensive pieces the same.  Makes my husband happy.  "   )

If you want to participate just go to FreckledNest.blogspot.com.  She is an amazing lady.

No comments:

Post a Comment